4/20/2009

There's nothing as scary as a divine plan...*


Scout Niblett, Do You Want To Be Buried With My People


"Sometimes I'm tossed and driven

and sometimes I don't know where to roam

but I've heard of a city called heaven

and I've started to make it my home

Oh soon I'll reach the glory

where mortals no longer complain

and there's a ship that's coming to take me

and the captain is calling my name

Do you want to be buried with my people, dear

was the look in his eyes

we can rest our bones side by side in the dirt of yonder high

it's so fun to see me being me alongside you

that's how I knew the answer dear to

the look I got from you

I had nearly given up dear with all my fantasies

then you come and crossed my path, and so here we be

and how the hell did I live this long without you by my side

Can I believe it's you I've sensed and sung to all my life

arms that held me never worked before until I was held you

with a grip so still and charged, oh cou cou cou

Finally it came around inviting us to play

there's nothing as scary as a divine plan,

but I wouldn't have it any other way

The mystery is larger than you and me

and we're drunk on faded heart

but woman, I have a suspicion

you just could be my missing part

but who the hell knows which way

the gods will pull us tomorrow

but honey we're writing our past right now

and fear's only gonna beckon sorrow

Giddy up love whatever is for you won't ever pass you by

you live and die in you

and I live and die in me each day for the rest of this life

'Cause I am a prince

and I am a prince

for I am my own salvation

but you're my queen

and you're my king

so live and die beside each other

Do you want to be buried with my people, dear

was the look in your eyes

we can rest our bones side by side

in the dirt of yonder high

it's so fun to see me being me alongside you

that's how I knew the answer dear

to the look I got from you

we can rest our bones side by side"

*

Sem comentários: